Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Feelings

We all have a lot of feelings. If you think that you do not have a lot of feeling, I have plenty and I can share with you.

You have feelings about the person you like.
You have feelings about your friends.
You have feelings about your favorite activity.
You have feelings about objects like that key necklace from your great grandfather.
You have feelings about your parents.
You have feelings about your siblings.
You have feelings about your favorite place to visit.
You have feelings about your prized possession from your childhood.
You have feelings about your favorite song.
You have feelings about everything.


We were taught to hide our uniqueness. That is not right. If everyone is the same, we are living in a society filled with robots not humans.

I am human and I have flaws. Some flaws I embrace and others I hide away because I do not want anyone to know about them.

"They tell us from the time we're young to hide the things that we don't like about ourselves inside ourselves. I know I'm not the only one who spent so long attempting to be someone else."
~Secrets by Mary Lambert

"Put your make up on. Get your nails done. Curl your hair. Run the extra mile. Keep it slim. So they like you. Get your sexy on. Don't be shy, girl. Take it off. This is what you want, to belong. So they like you. [...]Wait a second, why should you care, what they think of you? When you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you? [...] Take your make up off. Let your hair down. Take a breath. Look into the mirror, at yourself. Don't you like you? Cause I like you." 
~Try by Colbie Caillat

"I wish I could tie you up in my shoes and make you feel unpretty too. I was told I was beautiful but what does that mean to you? [...] You can buy your hair if it won't grow. You can fix your nose if he says so. You can buy all the make-up that M.A.C. can make. But if you can't look inside you, find out who am I to be in a position to make me feel so damn unpretty. [...] Never insecure until I met you, now I'm being stupid. I used to be so cute to me, just a little bit skinny. Why do I look to all these things to keep you happy? Maybe get rid of you and then I'll get back to me." 
~I Feel Pretty/Unpretty cover by Lea Michele and Dianna Agron, original from West Side Story


Basically these random quotes/songs inspired this post.

~Hannah
"Be-you-iful."

No comments:

Post a Comment