Sunday, January 18, 2015

Nightfall Nails

This week has been crazy for me. I feel like I am running a marathon and I am no where close to the end. But painting my nails is where I am the happiest. It clams me down and makes me forget everything in the world. These nails were inspired by another thing that I love, astronomy. Space has always fascinated me. When you look at stars, you realize how small you are.These nails were inspired by Lady Crappo. She has an amazing blog with a lot of cool designs.
From: ladycrappo.com


I took pictures of every step to show the layer of the different colors.

  • Step 1: Paint a dark gray base coat, I used e.l.f. Misty Haze. 
  • Step 2: Use a makeup sponge to add light blue, I used Confetti Bayou Blue. 
  • Step 3: Use the same makeup sponge to add a dark blue to the tips, I used e.l.f. Sea Escape. 
  • Step 4: Use the makeup sponge to add a purple, I used Spoiled Checkin' Into Rehab. 
  • Step 5: Use the makeup sponge to add a yellow, I used Sinful Colors Yellow Spotted. 
  • Step 6: Use a small brush to create a solid black mountain to the cuticle area, I used Spoiled Visually Slimming. 
  • Step 7: Use the same brush and create a thin line of a light gray near the top of the mountains, I used Essie Master Plan. 
  • Step 8: Use a small dotting tool and silver polish to create stars, I used Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. 
  • Step 9: Add a topcoat, I used Sally Hansen Double Duty. 


Colors Used: 
Light Gray: Essie Master Plan

Light Blue: Confetti Bayou Blue
Dark Blue: e.l.f. Sea Escape 
Purple: Spoiled Checkin' Into Rehab
Black: Spoiled Visually Slimming
Dark Gray: e.l.f. Misty Haze 
Yellow: Sinful Colors Yellow Spotted
Silver: Sally Hansen Silver Sweep 
Topcoat: Sally Hansen Double Duty

~Hannah
"“Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art. ” -Felix Gonzalez-Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment