Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dark Rose Nails


These nails were inspired by a post by Sarah on Chalkboard Nails, Sandi from Cute Polish on YouTube, and my previous rose nails that I did in November.
From Chalkboard Nails
From Key To Nail Art
These nails had a variety of techniques in them. To start, I painted my nails gray and used a makeup sponge and white polish to create a gradient. Then I used the technique of spray water marbling that Sandi explains in the video above. Then I added the roses and leaves with a small paint brush. To finish it off, I used a clear topcoat then a matte topcoat because it allows for the matte to be a lot smoother. 






Colors Used-
Gray: e.l.f. Misty Haze
White: Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Black: Spoiled Visually Slimming 
Red: OPI Red
Green: Deborah Lippmann Defying Gravity 
Clear Topcoat: Sally Hansen Double Duty
Matte Topcoat: NYC Matte Me Crazy 

~Hannah 

"Jamie: You don't know that first thing about being someone's friend.
Landon: I don't want to just be your friend.
Jamie: You don't know what you want. 
Landon: Neither do you. Maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you. 
Jamie: And why would that scare me? 
Landon: Because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind your books, or your frickin' telescope, or your faith. No, no, you know the real reason why you're scared? It's cause maybe you wanna be with me too." 
~A Walk To Remember 

No comments:

Post a Comment