Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rainbow Bubble Nails

These nails were a lot of fun to do and I really like how they turned out. They make me forget that there is a ton of snow outside inside of green grass and flowers. They were inspired by polishedbyesp on Instagram. I have seen many variations of the bubble or watercolor nails but I really liked how her design used rainbow colors and was simple. They only took me about 30 minutes to do. 
By polishedbyesp on Instagram
To create this design, first paint your nails a solid color. Then mix equal parts acrylic paint and water. Place drips of the mixture onto your nails and let dry for 20 seconds. Then hover a dry paint brush over each blob to pull up the excess water and paint. Follow this link for a video tutorial by polishedbyesp on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/qQptpYg0FB/.







Colors Used: 
White: Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Red (acrylic paint): Artist's Loft Crimson Red
Orange (acrylic paint): Artist's Loft Orange
Yellow (acrylic paint): Artist's Loft Lemon Yellow
Green (acrylic paint): Artist's Loft Green Pale
Blue (acrylic paint): Artist's Loft Cobalt Blue
Purple (acrylic paint): mix of Artist's Loft Crimson Red and Artist's Loft Ultramarine Blue
Topcoat: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails

~Hannah
"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong, I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls, I believe tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment